Skip to main content

Will Cosmic Kids certification enable me to teach professionally?

Martin avatar
Written by Martin
Updated over a week ago

Jaime is qualified with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Children's Yoga Teacher (RCYT) and also as a Experienced Registered (adult) Yoga Teacher (E-RYT200).

To teach kids yoga, you need two things: a background check and professional liability insurance. You do not need an RCYT 90 hour teacher training certification.

Our online training has been designed to help people who want to learn online to start teaching kids yoga professionally. If you complete the training (including the final stage - sending in a video of your teaching for Jaime to evaluate and passing the standard required) you will get a Cosmic Kids certificate, which is familiar to schools and insurers all over the world. More than 2000 graduates of Cosmic Kids training are now teaching in a wide range of countries from the US and Canada, Australia/NZ, UK and Continental Europe through to India and Asia.

We designed our training with the help of a specialist yoga insurance company in the UK - DSC Strand. The video appraisal process in the training and the criteria for certification were developed with them. They still underwrite our course in the UK - and there is a long list of insurers around the world who cover Cosmic Kids graduates.

Did this answer your question?